WhatsApp is the world’s most popular messaging app, with billions of monthly active users. There will be few smartphone users today who are unaware of or have not used WhatsApp. However, WhatsApp chats data, like other data types, is vulnerable to data loss due to accidental deletion, sudden system crash, factory reset, and other similar scenarios.
However, if you have lost all WhatsApp chats or messages from a single contact, you can easily recover the messages. Continue reading to learn how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages of One contact.
The Best Tool to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
iSeeker for WhatsApp is a one-stop, all-in-one data recovery tool that is known for performing deep scans and restoring deleted WhatsApp messages of a single contact in a matter of minutes. It has a simple click-based user interface that allows you to scan, preview, and restore any specific contact’s WhatsApp chat.
In addition to restoring WhatsApp messages, this tool can recover WhatsApp photos, videos, call history, contacts, files, and so on. It can also restore specific phone data from a Google Drive backup.
What Makes iSeeker Stand Out
- It can recover deleted WhatsApp messages on a single contact from an Android phone.
- Deep scans are performed to extract all recoverable WhatsApp messages.
- It enables users to preview recoverable messages in a similar interface to WhatsApp before restoring them to their phones.
- It is compatible with both Android and Apple devices, including Android 13 and iOS 16.
- It can also download and view Google Drive backups of WhatsApp.
- It is extremely secure and has the highest data recovery rate.
To learn how to restore a WhatsApp chat of a single contact using iSeeker for Android, follow the steps below:
NOTE: WhatsApp Recovery is an integrated feature of iSeeker Android, and it works on both Android and iOS.
Step 1: Click the Recover WhatsApp Data from Device Storage button.
Step 2: Connect your phone to the computer in step two. Allow USB debugging on Android, or tap Trust this computer on iOS. Select a location to save the restored data and press the Start button.
Step 3: iSeeker will then search for WhatsApp data on your device. When the scanning is finished, click Next to proceed.
Step 4: Enter your phone number and confirm your account by following the prompts on the screen. Then, iSeeker will display all of the chats on the screen, allowing you to preview and select which ones you want to restore before clicking Recover to Device or Recover to PC.
Second, Methods to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
The methods discussed in this section can restore deleted WhatsApp messages from your contacts, but they can only restore messages from a single contact.
1. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive
WhatsApp has a backup feature that allows you to save all of your WhatsApp data to Google Drive. Once the backup is created, you can restore it to recover the conversation with that specific contact. However, you must first restore all chats before accessing the chat of the specific contact.
If you backed up WhatsApp on Google Drive before the messages were deleted, then follow the steps below to learn how to restore WhatsApp messages from a Google Drive backup:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on the same phone, or install WhatsApp on another Android phone.
- Check your phone number.
- When the WhatsApp setup prompts you to restore chats from Google Drive, tap Restore.
- Wait until the restoration process is finished before proceeding. All of your backed-up chats will be restored in the background, while the media files will be restored.
You can now go to that specific person chat you were looking for once all of the backed-up data has been restored.
2. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from Local Backup
WhatsApp, like Google Drive, allows you to create a local backup of all WhatsApp data in your phone’s local or SD card storage. Local backup has the advantage of allowing you to restore older backups. So, if you know which local backup contains the WhatsApp messages of a particular contact, you can easily restore that backup by following the steps below:
- Navigate to either local storage or the SD Card that contains the WhatsApp data in the File Manager app. Then, select WhatsApp, followed by Databases.
- A list of backup files will appear. Choose the desired backup file based on the date and rename it “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12”. If the backup file name contains a previous protocol, such as crypt10 or crypt9, do not change the crypt extension name.
- Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it, then verify your phone number.
- When the WhatsApp setup prompts you to restore chats from local storage, tap Restore.
- All backed-up chats will be restored in this manner. After that, you can view the deleted messages for the specific contact.
NOTE: Both of the methods described above necessitate a prior backup of WhatsApp data. You cannot use those methods without backup.
FAQs about Backing Up and Restoring WhatsApp Chat
Can you get back permanently deleted WhatsApp messages?
You can restore your data from a backup to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. Android devices can recover WhatsApp messages from a Google Drive or local backup, whereas iPhone devices can recover from an iCloud backup.
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages on Android without Backup?
- Download and install FoneDog Toolkit- Android Data Recovery, then connect your Android device.
- Turn on USB debugging.
- To scan, select WhatsApp Messages.
- Without a backup, you can recover deleted WhatsApp messages.
How can I recover WhatsApp deleted messages from one contact?
- Open your phone’s file manager app.
- Navigate to sdcard > WhatsApp > Databases or internal storage.
- Examine the created dates and select the one that contains the information you require.
- Copy the backup file to another device’s local storage Databases folder.
It is not uncommon to see WhatsApp users searching for ways to recover deleted WhatsApp messages. The methods discussed in this guide are the ideal solution for restoring deleted WhatsApp messages from a single contact. However, methods that involve restoring Google Drive or a local backup require a prior backup and restore all chats at once.
So, if you haven’t previously backed up your data or want to restore a specific chat, iSeeker for WhatsApp is the best tool for you. It is a reliable WhatsApp data recovery tool due to its user-friendly interface, deep scans, and instant recovery.